Are there any limits on number of profiles? Saving Profile Issue

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Are there any limits on number of profiles? Saving Profile Issue

Postby cnutz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm having trouble with LDAP Administrator that the last few times I've attempted to add more profiles when I exit and come back into the application the profiles were not saved.

I need upwards of 150-200 profiles. I use the different profiles to test different methods and access into our directories. Have I hit any type of limits on the number of profiles or are there any way that I can make sure my profiles are saved before I exit the application?

I have the profiles distributed between at least 10 groups but some groups may have 20-30 profiles. I also have different ID's, servers, etc listed in each profile. I've been able to save 51 so far. It takes a long time to create so I don't want to keep attempting to create and have them disappear next time.

I'm using version 3.5

Thanks for any help on knowing if this is a bug or just a limit of the application.
cnutz

Postby Support » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:38 am

No, there are no limitations on profiles or groups count.

Do you usually run only one application instance or you tend to use multiple instances? In the later case you have to make all your modifications in a one instance and close only after all other instances have been closed.
Support

Postby cnutz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:56 pm

No, I only use the one instance of the application running at a time. I do keep that instance open many days sometimes.

Its good to know that there are no known limits here and I will have to just exit and verify the new profiles get saved more often. It would be nice if these profiles were kept in an editable config file. This would allow the creation of profiles to be much faster. But I'm glad we are able to save as much as we can in the profiles.

Thanks for your time.
cnutz

Return to General Discussion