LDAPAdmin 3.4 & Windows XP connection timeout.

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

LDAPAdmin 3.4 & Windows XP connection timeout.

Postby kenw620 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Hello,

There are 4 people on the directory team here. We are running ldapadmin 3.4 and 1 by 1 our workstations are being converted from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.

We are connecting to a Sun one directory using SSL and port 636. Those that have been converted to XP are having an issue where they get disconnected from the directory after about 2 minutes of inactivity. Receive "Local Error" & "server Down". This behavior is not seen by those still running Win 2K. My guess is that it is some security setting in XP. Anyone have an idea what I can check?

Thanks in advance.
kenw620

Postby Support » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:16 pm

This might be something related to differences between WLDAP32.DLL from W2K and XP. Have you applied the SP2 and all post SP2 hot-fixes?
Support

LDAP Administrator session timeouts after upgrading to Win XP from WIN2k.

Postby detuna » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Dear Support....... I am one of the licensed users kenw620 refers to here at NYLIC. To answer your question, all of us that have upgraded to XP have been brought current to SP2, and the timeout issue remains problematic. Is the an update....... is this a known issue? Thanks.
detuna

Postby Support » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:21 am

We could not reproduce the issue locally, which, I guess, means one of the following:
- All you workstations are subject to some domain-wide Group Policy that overrides LDAP_OPT_RECONNECT option we explicitly set for every LDAP connection.
- There are some server side settings which handle timeout in a special way and do not allow 're-connect' feature to work properly.
- There are some NAT/Firewall/VPN settings in your network that prevents 're-connect' feature from working properly.
Support

Return to General Discussion