Lost License Key

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Lost License Key

Postby ThommyGunn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Morning,

I am IT support for a business which uses LDAP. I however have not used this software myself and one of my users machines somehow lost their License Key to run the program. I have since then got their new key to put in, which is what my question is;

Where or how do you change/add/put in a new key? I've looked all over, i assumed the program would just have in the help menu "Update or Add License" which is doesn't. So if anyone could help me locate or create a key file i can get him up and running again WITHOUT uninstalling the software, because he has several items and profiles he would not like to lose or start over, i would seriously appreciate it.

Thank you,
ThommyGunn
ThommyGunn

Re: Lost License Key

Postby jimbeam » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:51 am

Hello,

Just double click on the license key (license.lalic) to have it installed automatically or copy it manually to the folder where your LDAP Administrator is installed.
jimbeam

Postby ThommyGunn » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:44 pm

I appreciate the response, but that is where my problem lies. Like i mentioned he doesn't have a key "file" I ONLY have the key "number". So i can't double click on anything, i've searched his computer for a file like that to manipulate with proper key number but there is nothing. So i am asking if there is a spot to add one or upgrade the key number so we can get it going again.

If we cannot figure it out by tomorrow, he is willing to let me uninstall and re-install it, which i was hoping to avoid for his sake. So if anyone has another idea, im all ears.
ThommyGunn

Postby jimbeam » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 pm

OK, now I see the problem. Please contact sales [at] softerra.com and they'll send you your license key (provided you are the license owner). Don't forget to include the license ID number in the email.
jimbeam

Postby ThommyGunn » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 pm

thank you, i will try that route.
ThommyGunn

Return to General Discussion