Non-Modal search window

Suggestions, wishes, feedbacks

Moderator: Support

Non-Modal search window

Postby pchavaillaz » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:21 pm

We are doing heavy use of the search window looking at details of match entries. Unfortunately, since the search window is modal, one has to re-perform the search every time after having selected one macth entry to see it's details. :(
Wouldn't it be possible to keep the search/result window list open to be able to click on the matched results one after the other and see entries details in the main window ?

Thanks in advance for feedback and season's greetings to Kharkov team ;-)

Pascal
Last edited by pchavaillaz on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pchavaillaz

Re: Non-Modal search window

Postby pchavaillaz » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:19 pm

:-? What's going on in Kharkiv ?
No answers to this one since December 2005 ?
Am I the only clumsy user having to deal with annoying search result modal window ?

C'mon guys, tell me if my wish is so unrealistic :P

Cheers

Pascal

pchavaillaz wrote:We are doing heavy use of the search window looking at details of match entries. Unfortunately, since the search window is modal, one has to re-perform the search every time after having selected one macth entry to see it's details. :(
Wouldn't it be possible to keep the search/result window list open to be able to click on the matched results one after the other and see entries details in the main window ?

Thanks in advance for feedback and season's greetings to Kharkov team ;-)

Pascal
pchavaillaz

Postby Support » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:02 am

What's going on in Kharkiv ?
No answers to this one since December 2005 ?

Sorry for not answering. Somehow we've missed your post. I guess we were too busy releasing version 3.3 and 3.3.1.

Non-modal search window is the most requested feature by now. Unfortunately some of the limitations of our current UI infrastructure does not allow us to implement it right now. Non-modal windows are going to be introduced in version 4.0 that is scheduled to 4Q2006.
Support

Return to Suggestions