trying to export/import AD Users across domains

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Re: trying to export/import AD Users across domains

Postby Support » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:05 pm

taylorfusion wrote:Hello,

I am using ldapAdmin 2013.1 to try and export Users from one domain to another and use the replace DN feature of either the export or import wizard to accomplish.

I export to an ldif an OU of these admin users. When I go to the destination domain at the same OU level I want to import, I use the replace DN suffix feature during import and replace DC=yourDomain to DC=myDomain and leave all other check boxes to their defaults.

The error is "A referral was returned from the server." I'm doing this as an Enterprise admin so not sure why it's not importing the Users.

I don't want to manually create dozens of Users in the new destination domain if possible. Can I use your tool to accomplish this?

thanks

Hi,

Yes you can do this using LDAP Administrator. Please activate the Exclude SAM Attributes and Export RAW Values checkboxes when exporting Users from a directory. Also, you need to use replace DN suffix option to change DNs of exported data from DC=youDomain to DC=myDomain. After that you should import the result file to the destination directory.
Support

Re: trying to export/import AD Users across domains

Postby Support » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 pm

taylorfusion wrote:I got a new error when I did a search and replace in another editor before importing.

"Access to the attribute is not permitted because the attribute is owned by the Security Accounts Manager (SAM)."

Is an import still possible?

Enable Exclude SAM Attributes option on the Export or Import Data Wizard to perform an import operation well.
Support

Return to General Discussion