Laimex problem

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Laimex problem

Postby wili » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi,

I try to use this Laimex syntax:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Softerra\LDAP Administrator 4>laimex /s X.X.X.X:389
/f c:\temp\testi.csv /user USERNAME/pwd PASSWORD /mech SIMPLE /t '(objectClass=Person)' /a cn,mail,givenName /d CSV

LDAP Administrator v.4 Import/Export Tool version 4.11.14302.0
Copyright (c) 2000-2014, Softerra Ltd. All rights reserved.

Binding...
Waiting for the schema... completed
Exporting document...
Requesting data from server. Waiting for response...
Export completed.

It is look OK, but any rows doesn't come to file? If I use LDAP Administrator (GUI) everything is OK and I get 50 line (I use demo version). Can I use laimex with demo version or did I miss something?
wili

Re: Laimex problem

Postby Support » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi.
It looks like you didn't define several parameters, to perform correct search:
1) /r - specifies the entry DN to start the export from. If this parameter is omitted, the default value "" (RootDSE) will be used and you'll be searching across the whole directory.
2) /p - specifies the search scope to use when searching for directory entries. Available values are: BASE | ONE | SUB. If this parameter is omitted, the BASE will be used by default. As I understand, you need to use SUB.
Also, maybe this one
3) /page size - turns on paging of results and specifies the page size. If this parameter is omitted, paging will be disabled.

Please, read the following article, about available command line parameters. Also, you can use Command Line Builder for Import/Export, to construct a correct command line via LDAP Administrator's GUI.
Support

Return to General Discussion