Error Loading RootDSE

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Error Loading RootDSE

Postby gutnor » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi,

I have some trouble connecting my weblogic 9.1 embedded LDAP server using LDAPAdministrator v3.4 ( trial downloaded today ).
The program fails to connect with the following errors:

1. Schema Failed. An error has occurred while loading the RootDSE entry from localhost:7001. The default schema entry could not be loaded due to inability to access the RootDSE entry. Further processing will be aborted. Try changing your credentials or the server side access control list (ACL).
2. Generally this is also followed by a Timeout / LocalError in the explorer tree window.
3. An "Error Loading RootDSE" in the Message window.

I tweaked the configuration of the LDAP server to enable anonymous access and put most of the directory in read mode for everybody.

I tried to connect without success using the credentials
1. cn=Admin (directory admin)
2. another user
3. anonymous
and using various "Base DN"

I'm new to LDAP Server Administration ( it is just a test server for development ) so I cannot tell you much more than that.

The funny/sad thing is that everything is fine (even without any configuration tweak) using the free LDAPBrowser 2.5 from this company. Everything is also fine in both browsing and editing using JXplorer 3.1 (http://www.jxplorer.org/) and LDAPBrowser 2.8beta2 (http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gawor/ldap/)

I suppose there is a magic switch somewhere that I forgot to enable. Does somebody has any idea ?

( Also, don't know if that's important but the application has no access to internet, only the LAN )

Thanks.
gutnor

Postby Support » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:53 am

It looks like a type somewhere in profile settings. E.g. 'loclahost' instead of 'localhost'.
Support

Postby gutnor » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:19 pm

I double check everything, but without luck. I left default for most option except

Host: localhost ( tried with 127.0.0.1 and <machinename> )
HostPort: 7001

Principal=cn=Admin
Password=weblogic

It is failing even when I just try to 'Fetch the DNs'
If I keep RootDSE, it fails later.
I also tried with Weblogic LDAP on another machine without success.

On the other hand when I tried with OpenLDAP instead, it worked fine ( OpenLDAP configured on localhost using default port and using port 7001 like weblogic )

Thanks anyway.
gutnor

Postby Support » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:27 am

We've been informed for a few times by now about WebLogic connectivity issues. On the other hand, we have clients who work with WebLogic on daily basis. I guess it might be an interoperability issue. Have you reported the issue to BEA's support?
Last edited by Support on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Support

Postby gutnor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 am

Thanks. We are in the process of migrating to Weblogic 9.2. So I will try again in the new environmnent.

Thanks
gutnor

Return to General Discussion