how to see ou=roles under an organization

Postby deepshar027 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:03 am

Hi,

I am new to LDAP so please dont mind:)

I want to browse roles under an Org however I olny see
ou=People
ou=Groups
ou=Services

Can u please tell me what can I do to browse roles under an org.
I tried putting filter (ou=Roles) for an org but it doesnt help.

Thanks very much for any pointers.

deep.
deepshar027

Postby ratnashilpa » Fri May 11, 2007 6:42 am

hi thr,

first of all u create a organizational unit under ur root hierarchy.........

like ull have dc=mydomain,dc=com root hierrachy rt,,,,,,rt click on it and create a organizational unit something like ou=roles or watever.
then u can go about creating ur roles within it.
people,groups and special users r those which come with LDAP installer..........so its better v create our own "ou" for users roles and all separately
u can as well create roles under ur "ou" thru java code.

hope it helps :)
ratnashilpa

thnks

Postby deepshar027 » Fri May 11, 2007 8:35 am

Hi Ratna,

I m actually talking bout ldap browser.I have already create roles in the portal but i dont see a ou=roles node in ldap browser.

thanks,
Deepak.
deepshar027

Postby ratnashilpa » Fri May 11, 2007 10:57 am

hey deepak...
well in that case.....if u have created an "ou" for role.,,,tat shouldnt be a problem to browse for it in browser.
just to help.......cud u send the hierarchy structure of how "ou"s r thr in ur server.........in tat case i can help u out........
ratnashilpa

Postby deepshar027 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi Ratna,

i am attaching the doc for your reference...It shows the directory structure.I hope it helps u in identifying my problem..!!

In the image attached..when i give ou=roles in place of (objectclass=*) it doesnt show me roles structure.

Thanks for ur help.

Regards,
Deep.
Attachments
ldapBrowser.JPG
ldapBrowser.JPG (184.44 KiB) Viewed 27654 times
deepshar027

Postby ratnashilpa » Mon May 14, 2007 11:03 am

hey deepak.....
by what i can c here.........there is no "ou=Roles" anywhere in sight.........u have first gotto create a "ou=roles" organizational unit in the hierarchy......looks like either u have created the "ou=roles" in some other internal hierarchy.or it dint get created at all...........

the way u have go to search it is.......in the search DN place u have to give the complete dn of the "ou".......and in filter u give whatever u need to search...........[/img]

chk out the attachment..........
Attachments
ldap browser.JPG
ldap browser.JPG (111.9 KiB) Viewed 27605 times
ratnashilpa

Postby deepshar027 » Mon May 14, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi Ratna,

Actually I have created roles through amconsole().Also I have assigned users to roles..and when I search through DN "ou=Roles,dc=company,dc=corp" and filter as "ou=*" I dont get anything in the result.I am not sure whats the problem.

As u can see in the image i sent ..I can see People,Groups and Services.
So whats wrong with Roles ??It should come by default..isnt it?

But even on seraching Roles as told by u...it doesnt show up.I dont know what I am missing or what needs to be done..:(

can we chat anytime?I have gmail as well as yahoo id.I want to get this stuff done..but am not able to resolve.

Thanks very much for ur help.!

Deep.
deepshar027

Postby ratnashilpa » Tue May 15, 2007 9:29 am

hey deepak.......well in that case,.....y dont u go to the console where u have created this role and added users to it.........there also u have a search filter there.......how about searching it from there............even there if u cant find it..........do one thing,.,.,.,.,.,.
delete what u have done.........go step by step........ :)

go to the root hierrachy.rt click and say....create new organizational unit.....

create ur ou=roles there

then go about and add ur users into it..........

after doing this........apart from ou=People,ou=Special users and ou=Groups....u shud c the ou=Roles which u created also.........

then tat means things r fine. :)

anyway.....my gmail id is. ratnashilpa@gmail.com(i login to msn using this acct)
ratnashilpa

Return to General Discussion