LDAP Administrator won't connect SSL to OpenLDAP 2.0

Suggestions, wishes, feedbacks

Moderator: Support

Postby carllitt » Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:14 pm

I just installed LDAP Administrator (ver 2.1), and I am unable to get it to connect to my OpenLDAP 2.0 server via SSL. My server is linked with OpenSSL 0.9.6. All other client software I have connects fine.

I have tried setting the LDAP port to 636,
and selecting "Try to use secure connection",
but the connection fails with "Can't contact LDAP server". The only way I can connect to the server is to go unencrypted on port 389.
This is no good, as we do not like to use plaintext traffic for administration.

How can I get SSL to work?

Carl
carllitt

Postby mkool » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:13 am

Goto Help, FAQ in the administrator. There is your answer.

The procedure is crappy, but it works. This definately needs a lot of work from the developpers. Hint, hint...

You cannot see if the secure connection succeeded. No manual checking of the servercert possible, as in your webbrowser, when you doubleclick the lock. So you just have to hope that it is a secure connection.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mkool on 2002-04-26 06:14 ]</font>
mkool

Postby Support » Mon May 06, 2002 5:10 am

Please read the <a href="http://www.ldapadministrator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=15&forum=2&0">FAQ article</a>.

As Mr. Mkool already said in general the procedure isnТt very useful, but it is fast and it is the only way we know to work with the NetscapeТs certificates.

As far as secure connection indication is concerned please find it and the right bottom corner of the application. If the lock icon is closed the connection is secured.
Support

Return to Suggestions