Problem to add new entry like

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Problem to add new entry like

Postby arai » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi All

I am using this tool but i face some issue regarding add new entry like (Country and Organization etc). the error message are

---------------------------
Entry Creation Wizard
An error occurred while creating entry.
The server is not willing to handle directory requests.
OK

but with the same setting i am able to create some entry like (Organizational Unit) i am new for LDAP but as per my understanding it's a access problem in slapd.conf file.

for safe point i am modifyed the config file and provide below access slapd.conf
access to * by * write

Please suggest what need to do to perform add new entry operation for all objects.

thanks in advance.

Abhishek Rai
arai

Re: Problem to add new entry like

Postby Support » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Hello.
Could you please specify what server do you work with use and what version of LDAP Administrator you do you have.
According to your problem, there can be many different situations, when server return such error. Please enable 'Display extended error info' in the Options dialog (select menu Tools -> Options...). It may help you to get more information about any error. Another thing, that can bring to this problem is that the object class of the parent entry, where you are trying to create the new object, is not in the list of possible superiors. Please, check the server schema about a list of possible superiors for your new entry. Also it is possible that you simply doesn't have rights to create these objects.
Support

Postby arai » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:09 am

Hi all
on my machine it's a OpenLDAP server installed and it use SQL as a database.version of LDAP Administrator tool is 2012.1.
after enable 'Display extended error info' i am getting same error.Please let me know how could i see
list of possible superiors and provide rights to create all object in connected LDAPServer . in a slapd.config file i am already provide access like access to * by * write.

Please suggest how could i resolve this problem.

thanks
Abhishek
arai

Postby Support » Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 am

The error is not about rights. I suggest you see server side logs for details.
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/tro ... oting.html
Support

Return to General Discussion