Tree Delete control not working with OpenDJ 2.6.0

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Tree Delete control not working with OpenDJ 2.6.0

Postby jisomu » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:21 am

I'm not able to use Tree Delete control with OpenDJ 2.6.0 as Softerra LDAP Administrator sends LDAP_SERVER_TREE_DELETE_OID ControlType with empty ControlValue.

Wireshark decode:
Control
controlType: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.805 (LDAP_SERVER_TREE_DELETE_OID)
controlValue: <MISSING>

OpenDJ 2.6.0 responds with following error:
LDAPMessage delResponse(51) protocolError (Cannot decode the provided subtree delete control because it contains a value)

Using OpenDJ's ldapdelete -tool with -x option I can delete with a similar Tree Delete control and it works.
Wireshark decode:
Control
controlType: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.805 (LDAP_SERVER_TREE_DELETE_OID)

controlValue is missing from OpenDJ's ldapdelete request and delete request is processed with following response:
resultCode: success (0)

I can disable Tree Delete control from Softerra LDAP Administrator but it would create additional and unnecessary LDAP operations to LDAP server.

IETF document (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-armijo ... edelete-02) states:
The controlType is " 1.2.840.113556.1.4.805", the criticality field may be TRUE or FALSE,
and the controlValue field is absent.

If I read that sentence correctly, the controlValue field should not be sent with the Tree Delete control and Softerra should remove the controlValue field from the Tree Delete control to make LDAP Administrator work with OpenDJ 2.6.0
jisomu

Re: Tree Delete control not working with OpenDJ 2.6.0

Postby Support » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:36 am

Hello.
Unfortunately, we can't do anything now. The problem is in the windows API, that we use to send the request to the server. We pass the control with no value, but the request is constructed and is send using the Microsoft system libraries and we are not able to change them. The problem is that OpenDj doesn't correctly understand the request that is send by the Microsoft API.
Support

Return to General Discussion