By default, LDAP Administrator uses local application data folder for storing its configuration files, like metabase and schema cache. Such behavior can cause problems for those using roaming profiles in their network.
- Open registry editor (Start->Run->regedit.exe)
- Navigate to or create registry key
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Softerra\LDAP Administrator 3\Settings - for version 3.x
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Softerra\LDAP Administrator 4 - for version 2008.x/2009.x (aka 4.x)
- Create a non-zero DWORD value here called EnableApplicationDataRoaming
In case both registry entries are used, value from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE has a priority over value from HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
The method descried above applies only to Softerra LDAP Administrator version 3.4 (build 1700) and higher.