Bugs / Suggestions

Beta testers only forum

Moderator: Support

Bugs / Suggestions

Postby Viper_SB » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:49 pm

Haven't found a place to report bugs in the beta so I'll do it here I guess.

Create a new profile (or one that exists) right click and choose Properties, on the Credentials tab the font size for all text on that tab is larger then in the other tabs, plus the Select button is partly cut off.

Is there suppose to be a help file with v.3 beta? if so the link under Help is broken. (seems like there isn't suppose to be one)

Tools -> Options is disabled (feature?)

(if there is a know bugs list where is it?)

Now a question, I've been using LDAP Admin since v.2 and have have tried with v.2+ and there is no Language support (per RFC 2596) was going to suggest that you add it :). Also since your program doesn't support it in both v.2+ and v.3 if you try to delete an attribute that was added with a language (via command line or another program) it'll complain that there is no such attribute.

Is there a way to display other attrbutes in like the ModifyTimestamp etc..
Using:
LDAP Administrator v.3.0 (build 622)
LDAP Administrator v.2.5 (build 530)
Win XP v.5.1 SP 1(Build 2600)

Mod at Devshed Forums
Devshed LDAP forum

Viper_SB
Viper_SB

Postby Support » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:33 am

Create a new profile (or one that exists) right click and choose Properties, on the Credentials tab the font size for all text on that tab is larger then in the other tabs, plus the Select button is partly cut off.

Already reported and fixed
Is there suppose to be a help file with v.3 beta? if so the link under Help is broken. (seems like there isn't suppose to be one)

Tools -> Options is disabled (feature?)

It's said in the release notes file - these features are not available with beta.

Now a question, I've been using LDAP Admin since v.2 and have have tried with v.2+ and there is no Language support (per RFC 2596)

We'll take a look at it. Most likely will work in release.

Is there a way to display other attrbutes in like the ModifyTimestamp etc..

Right click on a profile->Properties->LDAP Settings->Advanced->Displayed Attributes
or
Right click on an entry->Properties->Displayed Attributes
Support

Couple of other things

Postby ldap4u » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:48 pm

Couple of questions - enhancements maybe? Not trying to be critical - just helpful ...

1. Is there a way to delete existing entry templates?

2. nsRoledn and ACI are available attributes but are not returned by choosing "Display all attributes". The interface will return them - but only if specified individually in the "Display specified attributes only" window. It would be nice if:
a) Display all attributes returned roles and ACI's or
b) I could choose to concatenate my attributes to the search like is done with operational attributes so that the resulting search would equal:
ldapsearch -b "base" -h host -p port -D "binddn" -w password "filter" * aci createTimestamp
This would mean maybe another window or choice in the advanced setting tab ...

3. Locking LDAP accounts from the interface would be nice.
4. Modify entries returned in the search results pane
5. Verify Unix Crypt password?
6. Shortcut to the search function from right click in the DIT
7. Leaving the search window up when clicking on entry would be nice and would obviate the need for repeated searches.
ldap4u

Re: Couple of other things

Postby Viper_SB » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:59 pm

@Support
Thanks for your reply, I skimed the release notes :) got to remember to read it all the way though hehe.

Will keep trying and post any more bugs

ldap4u wrote:7. Leaving the search window up when clicking on entry would be nice and would obviate the need for repeated searches.

Yes please, if the search would stay up it would be very helpful.
Using:
LDAP Administrator v.3.0 (build 622)
LDAP Administrator v.2.5 (build 530)
Win XP v.5.1 SP 1(Build 2600)

Mod at Devshed Forums
Devshed LDAP forum

Viper_SB
Viper_SB

Postby Support » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:45 am

1. Is there a way to delete existing entry templates?

Template Manager will be available in the release.
2. nsRoledn and ACI are available attributes but are not returned by choosing "Display all attributes". The interface will return them - but only if specified individually in the "Display specified attributes only" window. It would be nice if:
a) Display all attributes returned roles and ACI's or
b) I could choose to concatenate my attributes to the search like is done with operational attributes so that the resulting search would equal:
ldapsearch -b "base" -h host -p port -D "binddn" -w password "filter" * aci createTimestamp
This would mean maybe another window or choice in the advanced setting tab ...

nsRoledn and aci are Netscape server specific operational attributes. If you want to see them (as well as other specific operational attributes) we suggest you use the "Displayed Attributes" property page. There is a group called "Display operation attributes". You need to enable it and add all your specific operational attributes to this group.
3. Locking LDAP accounts from the interface would be nice.

Do you mean locking using server specific extentions like passwordExpirationTime? Please explain detailed.
4. Modify entries returned in the search results pane

It's already in to our TODO list. Possibly will be implemented in the 3.0 release.
5. Verify Unix Crypt password?

It works in 2.X. In 3.0 we've switched from the OpenSSL to MS Crypto API and came across a problem with DES. Hope we solve it before release.
6.Shortcut to the search function from right click in the DIT.
7. Leaving the search window up when clicking on entry would be nice and would obviate the need for repeated searches.

Will be implemented soon.
Support

Postby ldap4u » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:05 pm

... You need to enable it and add all your specific operational attributes to this group.

Too simple - I want you to redesign your product because I can't see the obvious - sorry :o

Do you mean locking using server specific extentions like passwordExpirationTime? Please explain detailed

This is again an iPlanet/Sun/Netscape specific request - locking accounts (which sets a role on the account that prevents them from logging in).

My thinking for why this might be helpful ....

I am going around to many organizations to help them install Solaris/Linux and application authentication utilizing the SunONE product line. Right now they can "lock" user accounts by going through the less than stellar iPlanet/Sun/Netscape Console (or through a command line or scripted processes).

I'd like to be able to recommend a product in which they could fully administer the servers (like the MMC extension AD Users and Computers for AD) and could avoid using the console to daily tasks - such as locking accounts. My guess is that this may not be feasible - but I just thought I'd make a request ...
ldap4u

Postby Support » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:50 pm

My guess is that this may not be feasible - but I just thought I'd make a request ...

No, it's quite real and we already have this item in our TODO list.
Support

Return to Beta Tester's Forum