Add new attribute for user

General Discussion about LDAP Administrator

Moderator: Support

Add new attribute for user

Postby kaminari_no_me » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:29 am

Hi, currently I am trying to add new attributes 'creditcard' for user to the generic ldap v3

First, I made ldif file as following:

dn: cn=schema
changetype: modify
add: attributeTypes
attributeTypes: ( creditcard-oid NAME 'creditcard' DESC 'Sample CreditCard' SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 X-ORIGIN 'Sun Java System Identity Management')
objectClasses: (extensionPPService-oid NAME 'extensionPPService' DESC 'PP Extensions OC' SUP top AUXILIARY MAY ( creditcard ) X-ORIGIN 'Sun Java System Identity Management' )

And then, I also have followed the rest of the instruction. I used ldap browser to export the ldif file, and it is successful. But when I want to add creditcard attribute to user entry, I received this error:

Reason: [LDAP: error code 65 - Entry uid=rachel,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net cannot not be modified because the resulting entry would have violated the server schema: Entry uid=rachel,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net violates the Directory Server schema configuration because it includes attribute creditcard which is not allowed by any of the objectclasses defined in that entry]
kaminari_no_me

Return to General Discussion